NTC's Dictionary of British Slang
and Colloquial Expressions
The Most Practical Reference
for the Informal Expressions
of British English
The most practical and up-to-date dictionary of current British slang
NTC's Dictionary of British Slang and Colloquial Expressions by Ewart James is the most comprehensive and accessible guide of its kind. It provides over 9,500 definitions of slang terms and other informal expressions.
Included in the special features of the dictionary are the following:
- Over 20,000 example sentences illustrate the everyday use of current British slang and colloquial expressions.
- Extensive cross-referencing shows the relationships between entries.
- Notes of caution are included for crude, inflammatory, and taboo material.
- A Phrase-Finder Index enables the user to find an expression by looking up any major word in the expression.
- Clear typography and easy-to-read format.
NTC's Dictionary of British Slang and Colloquial Expressions is an ideal reference work for anyone who seeks a thorough and practical guide to slang expressions that uniquely reflect British culture, history, humor, and informal language use.
Please note: This book is currently out of stock and out of print. Used bookstores may be your only option.