The Oxford Picture
Dictionary for Kids
Author: Joan Ross Keyes
The Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids is especially designed for young students who are learning English.
- Presents over 700 words in the context of colorful pictures that tell stories
- Introduces five characters and their families and features them throughout the book
- Covers a broad spectrum of content from the K-2 curriculum, with topics that are interesting and relevant to children
- Offers 60 topics on vibrant double page illustrations which can be presented in any order
- Defines vocabulary with callout pictures to help children isolate each item and search for it in the context of the picture story
- Includes verbs and nouns together to encourage students to use the language in context
- Can be used by itself or with accompanying components as the core of an entire curriculum
The Dictionary is available in Monolingual English (softcover and hardcover) English/Spanish and English/Japanese editions.
The Dictionary can be used independently, or with components that will help enhance the students' understanding of the vocabulary , and extend their use of the new words in different contexts.
The Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids is a softcover book.
Go to the bottom of the page for the bilingual editions.